Thursday, February 7, 2008

19/20

I log in tuesday night and start doing some daily quests. Cooking quest needed me to get a chicken wing, so I hop on over to Skettis to scramble some eggs and collect a wing.

I had 17 of the eggs bombed when my team lead whispers me to see if I want to come join them in Kara. No doubt!!!!

I tell him I just need to shoot over to Shatt to pickup my raid bag with my flasks, potions, food stuffs, etc.

Drop another bomb, ding 2 more eggs.

Scoot over to another hut, drop another bomb.

WTF?

No credit for the bomb, even though I clearly watched it travel down its arc and detonate directly on an egg. I'm still at 19/20 eggs.

Ok, maybe a glitch. Lemme go try another...

DAMN. nothing.

Ok, one more....

GRRRRR. nada.

At this point I give up, hearth to shatt, grab my stuff, get summoned, and have a fun time in Kara.

A few hours later, I find myself back in Skettis, determined to fry up that last egg.

Drop a few bombs, nothing.

Now its getting frustrating. So I abandon the quest and try again.

No credit at all for anything.

I'm exhausted at this point as its several hours past my normally late bedtime, and my wakeup time for work is dangerously close.

I log out.

Sleeping in a house that has 3 dogs basically means that you never get to sleep in, as one of them invariably wants to go out to pee, or one is a bit hungry or they just want to smack you in the face while you're sleeping.

So I found myself with a few minutes before work, and I log in, really determined to eat an egg sandwich courtesy of the nice folks over at Skettis Waffle House.

Bam, bam, bam, bam, Bam, bam, bam, bam, Bam, bam, bam, bam, Bam, bam, bam, bam, Bam, bam, bam, bam.

Eggs go down like a charm.

Then it dawns on me.

Raid invite came and was accepted right between eggs #19 and #20 the night before, and while in raid group, you can't progress non-raid quests.

Doh

No comments: