Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Laughing in the Face of the Holy Trinity

I dunno if that title is blasphemy or not, but I've never been one to let that sort of thing get in my way, so flame on.

You all know and love WoW's Holy Trinity of Tank-Heal-DPS.

For somebody getting situated for future Champion of the Naaru titlement, the trinity is of prime importance, as you've got to complete four Heroic dungeons: Steam Vaults, Shadow Labs, Arcatraz, Shattered Halls. Arguably among the more difficult Heroics. Well, not Steam Vaults, but the other 3 are up there.

Monday night, some fun and games going on with some key members of Team 1, so we cancel the Zul'Aman run for the evening while Team 2 puts the finishing touches on their raid week in Kara.

Why not take advantage of the available time to bang out one of the Champion of the Naaru quests.

Hmm, but there's a problem. Looking at the Guild for available players, we've got me (DPS, naturally), a tank, and 3 healers available.

Holy Trinity? Sure, we've got all three represented. How about those proportions? Perhaps a little light on damage?

WTF, lets do it anyways.

Heroic Shadow Labs. Prot Pally, Holy Priest, Holy Priest, Resto Druid, BM Hunter.

Ate the place for dinner.

Sure, we struggled on a few packs of mobs where we couldn't burn the healer down quick enough, but with all that healing capacity and constant consecration, it took nearly 45 minutes for any given pack to wipe us.

One shot each of the bosses, including burning Vorpil down after only a single teleport, which had us all laughing as 76% of party damage came from 1 player.

I haven't been in Shadow Labs in probably 6 months. My return was triumphant, and I'm one step closer to being a Champion. Murmur did not provide a Sonic Spear for me, which I would still love to get and put next to my Legacy in the "obsolete before looting" category.

Anybody who says there's a shortage of specialties in the game just needs to become a little bit creative.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm still waiting to get into a Magtheridon PUG to finish getting my title since my guild doesn't do Magtheridon anymore.