Thursday, May 22, 2008

Shadowform ain't too Shabby

Finally got a chance to try out my new shadowy muscles on my lvl 40 Priest.

Mudsprocket in Dustwallow Marsh. Immediately became confused because my action bar would swap when I took on Shadowform, so in my first fight, I had no clue what I was doing. Not sure if the swapping is done by the default UI or if its being done by some addon I've got laying around, it was confusing to say the least.

Got my actionbars squared away and went to town.

Ended up doing Mind Blast, Mind Flay, SW:P, Mind Blast, Mind Flay, and most mobs were dead at that point. I want to put Depending upon how much health they had left I either would go to the wand till dead, or apply a Mind Flay and Mind Blast. Not a whole lot of mobs would still be standing at this point. And naturally, start off with a Shield up and reapply as necessary.

Pretty easily took out mobs 2 levels higher than me, only needing to use Psychic Scream to shoo them off if I pulled 3 or more.

Much more mana intensive than my previous 5/5 in Wand Specialization, so I was sitting down to drink every 3 or 4 mobs, where as before I pretty much never had to drink unless it was a tight cave where you have to chain pull 2 or 3 at a time continuously.

Levelled from entry-level 40 to 41.5 in about an hour which is crazy fast, but I'm not complaining.

Definitely fun to be an unguilded Priest. Everybody wants a piece and I politely tell them I'm not looking for a guild, but they should let me know if they need help with anything. I haven't been in an instance with this guy since Black Fathom Deeps at lvl 25-ish, and I'll be needing to throw together a PUG for ZF to get the Carrot, or maybe some of Amava's guildies have alts in their mid 40's.

Solo'ing the Priest is quite a lot of fun. Can't wait to get to 50 to start playing Alchemist and Tailor some more. Lol, and then level to 70 for no other reason than "just becuz". Playing this guy is a refreshing break from Amava's Dailies, BG's and raid consumables grind.


EDIT: this was written before I got some feedback from Chorius regarding the mana efficiency, or lack thereof, for Mind Blast. I'll have to try out his suggested rotation soon and see how it works for me.

No comments: