Wednesday, March 26, 2008

What are you looking at?

This one goes out to all you hardcore analysts who look at WWS reports and know wtf all that data means....

When you look over a WWS report, what are you looking for?

For me, being enormously narsicistic, I look over my own stats first. I typically review each boss fight, looking for things like missed shots, how did my crit % compared to what my paperdoll % says it should have been, the ratio of DPS coming from me and my pet, that sort of thing. And, of course, there's the general ego stroking that comes from doubling the nearest damage dealer's output, like here or here.

If there's another hunter, I can look over his stuff and maybe notice something helpful I can pass along to him. Most common things I notice are unacceptably high rates of missed shots, little or no Kill Commands, and too little use of Steady Shot (sure, not all of us are BM's who should have a very high number of SS's, but still, any spec would use SS to some extent).

What do you look at for other classes?

I don't know a whole lot about the spells and attacks of other classes, and so basically the only thing I can look at is the miss/resist column and if that's unreasonably high I know one area the player can improve.

If there's two members of the same class, with dramatically different DPS output, I can try to make educated comparison between their two different types of attack. But what about when you've got two mages, hugely different damage contributions to the party, but one's Fire and the other's Arcane? The spells don't really overlap so its tough to compare.

I guess I'll just stick to looking at the ego stroking bar charts :-)

No comments: