Monday, December 1, 2008

Level 80 Reaction Quickies

So I dinged 80. Not a server first, or a world first, or a first anything. Except for an Amava first, so therefore, clearly the most important first that's occurred to date.

Lets take a look at some quickies:

1) To get to this point, I finished the quest completion achievements for Borean Tundra, Dragonblight, Sholazar Basin, and Storm Peaks.

2) Need 5 more quests for Zul'Drak, 3 of which will come from a Dundrak run, and the remaining 2 are probably Amphitheater of Anguish, although I have no idea how AoA works.

3) Did roughly half of the Howling Fjord quests in a parallel stream to the leveling-focused activities in the completed zones.

4) Each zone I've completed is fully explored, with out ever actively trying to explore, except for a single chunk of exploration in Storm Peaks. The quests simply guided me through the full zones, which is pretty cool.

5) Other than a few dungeon quests, I have no straggler quests left from any of the completed zones, which is very cool. I still have 4 group quests from Outlands floating there, just begging to be abandoned.

6) Me thinks that leaves Grizzly Hills, Crystalsong Forest, Wintergrasp, and [something else i forget, but starts with a floating airship military base looking thing to the north of Dalaran] totally untouched.

7) Bubbles the Gorilla was my partner through the whole trip. She's taken every sort of abuse you can imagine, and always comes back and stays happy with a simple serving of berries and the occasional Sporeling Snack for those hard hitting Group Quest bosses she likes to solo.

8) Ran Utgarde Keep and The Nexus on normal mode at level 70. Ran the first hallway of Utgarde Keep in a 2-person attempt at level 76. Haven't set foot in any of the other dungeons.

9) From the looks of the new Guild, and actually the server at large (LFG/LFM, /general, /trade), Normal Mode of dungeons is no longer part of the game. All of the energy is aimed at Heroics. And this is not even two weeks since release.

10) Gear. At the moment I hit 80, I was wearing my full level 70 raiding set, except for one trinket and one ring. I have a bank full of quest rewards that all seem like possibilities as I aim towards the hit cap for level 80 raiding. Not sure which of these will actually see combat, but for better or worse, I will answer that by monday.

No comments: