Tuesday, September 9, 2008

On the Road Again

So I'm on business travel again.

Finished up raid last night at 12:00 midnight. Woke up at 4:00am to get ready for the airplane. Flew. Currently sitting through uber boring work session. Was instructed by boss that dinner with coworkers is non-negotiable. Tried to instruct boss that my being back in my hotel at 7:30 tonight is non-negotiable, what with my Zul'Aman team making our first serious Bear Mount run tonight. We'll see how it turns out.

Probably no ribs on this business trip, but then again, even last time, no ribs either. They've hinted at steaks and salmon, so maybe this trip will turn out ok anyways. Oh, and a couple hours of open bar, which might put a little more zest into would-be a ZA bear run.

You know its sad when the only place you can find beef ribs in your home town is at the stupid Cheesecake Factory at the stupid Mall.

But I digress.

Went after Al'ar in Tempest Keep last night. Had full 25-person team ready 7 minutes before scheduled raid start time.

For first time ever, actually had to tell 4 players in the guild that they cannot raid because the raid is full. Felt bad telling people NO, but I tried to be factual about what the raid requires and people seemed to understand.

I was hugely confused from WoW Wiki's write up and some youtube vids. So I delegated strategy planning to one of the other officers.

He did a good job explaining to everyone how it should flow.

We tried it. And progressively went from getting spanked, to doing OK, to doing quite well, to making it all the way through Phase 1 and a little bit into Phase 2.

Really fun to see the team evolve through the learning experience and get better with each subsequent attempt.

That's more or less it. I think I'm too tired at this point to write anymore, and I need to conserve energy for my steak & salmon fiesta and maybe even a side of Amani War Bear.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow, sounds like you've got a solid raid team there, when a lot of others are having problems with lack of attendance due to school having started back, etc.

Tough to have to tell people they can't come, but I find it's also motivating for some people - to find a way to get in next time, and be early, have their consumables, and their gear all in line.

Good luck on your next attempts!

Valdesta
My player blog