Wednesday, December 5, 2007

They like me, they really like me

I wish that Blizz had implemented reputation like a Jr. High School social atmosphere, and you could differentiate the levels with questions such as "do they like me like me, or just like me?"

Well, Netherwing now really likes me, but they're no longer in their Wonder Years, so they call me Revered.

The eggs were nice to me yesterday, and helped push me over the edge into my last reputation progress bar before they'll let me ride one of their nice purple dragons.

That new progress bar was a bit of a punch in the stomach. Exalted seems further away now than it did when I was battling Zuluhead the Wacked to hit Neutral. And where as quest turn-ins at all the earlier reputation tiers made nice visible dents in the progress bar, at Revered, it barely budges from a 250 or 350 contribution.

But I guess that's the point, isn't it?

There's a bit more than 20,000 rep remaining. I've been hitting more than 1,000 per day, but that's still my benchmark I'll use for estimation. So at that pace, and knowing the couple of travel days I'll be doing in December with no WoW, I think that Exalted in '07 is still a reasonable goal.

And if the eggs continue to be my friend, I might even be riding a dragon before Christmas.

No comments: