Wednesday, October 24, 2007

You look familiar. Do I know you?

Funny thing happened the other day. Picture yourself landing at a hippogryph flight point that is near a ship. There's lots of them around Azeroth, but in this particular situation, I was at Auberdine in Darkshore.

You land at the flight point, and you've got to get over to the ship. And I never know whether its worth mounting up and taking the 2 second mount preparation timer, or just pop Aspect of the Cheetah and hot foot it. With the 60% speed bonus of the mount, if the distance to run is long enough, then its worth taking the 2 second penalty. But for short docks, its better to AoC it.

Either way, I was in Auberdine, and had decided to AoC my way to the ship on the southern arm of the dock to get to Menethil Harbor. Naturally, I just missed the ship, as seems to always happen, whether I mount or not.

And this guy next to me in the same situation turns to me and says something along the lines of "What? 57 and no mount?" to me.

Must be a happy reader. I was laughing my tail off. I totally forgot to take down his name, but if you're reading this, you know who you are, and thank you. You made my day!

No comments: