Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Stupid Quickies

Some quick, some not-so-quick. All stupid.


Stupid Glyphs - Why is it that you find a glyph you crafted on the way up to the high levels has no current listings on the AH. So you list one for a reasonable price. It sells. So you list another one for 2 gold more. It sells. So you list another for 2 more gold. You continue doing this happily for several days. Then some other scribe comes by and lists 20 auctions at half what your original price was 5 days ago. Could be another leveler, although you rarely make too too many of the same glyph during leveling, since they go from orange to green pretty quickly. Why undercut like an insane person? Is he trying to squeeze competition out of the market? No problem, easy enough to just wait until the cheapo glyphs are gone, he eats his loss, and then resume selling, which tends to happen within a few days. Its consistent across 6 different glyphs now, and different players each time (same person using alts to disguise the effort?). Strange though.

Stupid Phasing - I found myself sitting with 129/140 quests complete in Icecrown, with a big old pile of group quests left to complete, stagnating in the quest log for 2 or 3 months now. Flying back from buying a new Oracles egg, I cut through the zone to pick flowers on the way home. Saw "LFM group quests". Phasing is a cool feature to WotLK zones, but it sucks when you can't figure out why you cannot see any of your teammates and they can't see your quest mob. But, the quest log is clear, which is nice.

Stupid Cards - Nobles cards were absolutely insane on /trade this weekend. Continuous streams of WTT, WTB, WTS for nobles cards. So I went ahead for giggles and made a card on my scribe. It was a nobles card. It sold within minutes, nearly paying back the entire investment to level Inscription, not that I'm necessarily doing it for the profit. But profit never hurt, amiright?

Stupid Mojo - The trolls in Grizzly Hills have way too many types of Mojo. Each quest in the Guru chain required a different kind of mojo. I'm surprised we didn't have to collect any soiled mojo during that outhouse quest.

Stupid Horde - Up in Icecrown, there's an Amphitheater of Anguish-type event. Sometimes Horde think it'll be fun to interfere with our attempts at the event. I think its classic when they tried to surprise, but were caught early via Track Humanoids. I wonder how the priest and mage felt when they were lying dead and saw their paladin friend bubble hearth to safety, while we finished up the last boss guy in the amphitheater?

Stupid Lewtz - What are people thinking when trying to sell BoE epic raid drops? A guy lists a pair of bracers in /trade WTS pst with offer. So I pst with offer that is 10% less than my auctioneer appraisal, and a little less than WoW Head's list price. No answer. So I check AH. He listed it for 800% mark up. Later, some other guy lists a ring I'd like in /trade WTS pst with offer. So I pst with offer. No answer. I pst him just for fun, knowing we definitely are not doing business with eachother, but I'm curious. I ask what's the story? He says it's done, it just sold for 6500 gold. Yeah, ok. Auc values it at a hair over 1000g with 15 having been seen and WoW Head about twice that. Are people really buying these for 6.5k? I mean, I'd like the ring and what not, but Shirley you must be kidding me.

Stupid Mercenaries - Ok, this one isn't stupid, I kinda liked it. There's a quest in Grizzly Hills where you can request the help of an imprisoned Furbolg Druid, and you have the option of asking him to tank, dps, or heal. Pretty cool idea, mercenary NPC's.

Stupid Dungeon Idea - The massive tree fortress in the middle of the zone is visually outstanding. I'd love a dungeon or raid instance in that tree where you fight through gauntlet event through the battle raging outside, and then spiral around the ramp going around the outside down to the bottom, facing bosses along the way, and a final challenge at the bottom. I'm just sayin.

Stupid Timesink - Upon completion of Grizzly Hills and Icecrown, I can haz Northrend Loremaster Achievement. I debate seeking The Seeker via questing in Kalimdor and Eastern Kingdoms. Probably better to level an alt, but I am kinda liking the rep gain for old world factions that'll come with the journey. Probably just go in small chunks of 10 or 15 old world quests at a time to keep myself from burning out.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The hardcore undercutting always makes me angry too. I don't understand why someone would undercut to the point of barely any profit, and yet could still make a sale at way higher profits. This happens on holidays all the time.

I was selling the christmas boots at 30g each, pretty consistently, and then suddenly some joe blow comes along and starts selling at 1g each. Makes no sense, I could understand at 25g or something, still making a profit. Totally confuses me.

I've even tried messaging people to try to keep the price point higher, you know, mutual undercutting, we all make money, but I think I'm dealing with 12 yr olds most of the time.

Speaking of money though, I'm looking at some of the new patterns and such and starting to stock up on some materials I'm hoping will go up in price once 3.1 hits. Mainly icy dragonscales, borean leather, titansteel and saronite bars and eternal earths. We'll see if my investment pays off.

Anonymous said...

Hello !.
might , perhaps curious to know how one can manage to receive high yields .
There is no initial capital needed You may start to get income with as small sum of money as 20-100 dollars.

AimTrust is what you thought of all the time
The firm incorporates an offshore structure with advanced asset management technologies in production and delivery of pipes for oil and gas.

It is based in Panama with structures around the world.
Do you want to become really rich in short time?
That`s your choice That`s what you desire!

I feel good, I started to get real money with the help of this company,
and I invite you to do the same. If it gets down to select a proper partner who uses your funds in a right way - that`s AimTrust!.
I make 2G daily, and what I started with was a funny sum of 500 bucks!
It`s easy to start , just click this link http://utezociva.freewebsitehosting.com/funyguq.html
and go! Let`s take our chance together to become rich

Anonymous said...

Hi !.
You re, I guess , probably curious to know how one can reach 2000 per day of income .
There is no initial capital needed You may start earning with as small sum of money as 20-100 dollars.

AimTrust is what you thought of all the time
The company represents an offshore structure with advanced asset management technologies in production and delivery of pipes for oil and gas.

Its head office is in Panama with offices everywhere: In USA, Canada, Cyprus.
Do you want to become an affluent person?
That`s your choice That`s what you really need!

I`m happy and lucky, I started to take up real money with the help of this company,
and I invite you to do the same. It`s all about how to choose a correct partner utilizes your savings in a right way - that`s AimTrust!.
I take now up to 2G every day, and my first deposit was 1 grand only!
It`s easy to get involved , just click this link http://qewagivoky.exactpages.com/ewovon.html
and lucky you`re! Let`s take our chance together to feel the smell of real money